Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Gates Album

As you may or may not know, I have been working with the band gates quite a bit since they formed. The latest project was an illustration for the cover of their new EP "You Are All You Have Left To Fear". The illustration was done using a hodge podge of techniques including marker, charcoal, paint, and a bic pen that I cut in half so I could draw using the broken ink tube. Then I scanned it in and did some color separation to create the image that could be used for letterpress. Mike and Dan from the band did all the type layout and the jackets were printed by Letters From Earth out in NJ. I'm super happy with the finished result.

I'm honored to be a small part in the release of this new EP because it is definitely one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. And I'm not just saying that. I highly recommend heading over to www.youareallyouhavelefttofear.com and downloading the album. Especially considering that its free! If you like what you hear and you want to support the band you can buy the limited edition letter pressed CD (which also includes a booklet featuring all of the lyrics and some stellar photography by Mike and Dan). You can order those online here. They are limited to 300 copies so buy one quick if you want one!

-Matt

*the photos I am using here are courtesy of gates

No comments:

Post a Comment