Sunday, December 11, 2011

Leopold's!


Nathan and the Land of Robots and The Messenger are now available at Leopold's Books in Detroit! If you haven't been to Leopold's before you should definitely check it out. Its a sweet little book shop with a nice selection of interesting books. Plus Greg and Sarah, the owners, are really awesome people. I like that the shop is not too overwhelming so its easy to stumble on a little gem that you'll want to read. Like this book I picked up there earlier today!


I immediately recognized the art from the "Igloo Head and Tree Head" comics I enjoyed so thoroughly when I read them in the Flight Anthology. This guy's illustration style is so fun and his sense of humor is spot on. Check him out, if you haven't already!

3 comments:

  1. Neat! Congrats on the new location for your work, Matt. You might also consider distribution at some point.

    Thanks for mentioning the new Scott C. book. I just wishlisted it for the holidays. Not sure if you were aware of his previous book, Double Fine Action Comics, but it's pretty hilarious. It's a series of web comic strips that was printed and bound. If you like Scott C, you'll like that book. DFAC is out of print and I looked for it everywhere, unable to find it. It finally turned-up at Comic-Con last year, where I bought myself a copy. Fortunately it looks like a few used copies have since popped-up on Amazon (at that-there link up yonder). Have a great holiday if I don't chat with you before then.

    Best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book recommendation! I'm thinkin I might have to order one of those while I can! Scott C definitely rules.

    Hope you have an awesome Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word. He's got a (surprisingly involved) process video for a watercolor piece of his here. It's in about 5 separate parts, as he hops in and out of the computer to create the work. Pretty interesting. Anyhow, I'd never thought to look for his website until you linked to it from your post, so thanks for that. After poking around for a while, I stumbled across that process vid. Thought I'd share.

    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

    ReplyDelete